The Manger Project is a fun, hands on, and worship filled Christmas experience. Our hope is to add value and help families focus on the true meaning of Christmas while building a manger together. You read that right…your family is going to build your very own manger! Building a manger will help give parents an opportunity to teach their kids why the manger (God coming to earth as a baby) is so important to our faith. Families can take their manger with them, and set it up in your home as a visual reminder of what Christ has done!
- The Manger Project activity is FREE for all families, parents, single parents, grandparents and all kids 3 & Up.
- Pre-Registration is required for each family and will remain open until all manger kits are gone.
- Hot Chocolate and cookies will be available for everyone in attendance.
- We encourage you to invite another family to come and experience this night with you.
- Help us out by bringing your own hammer for the family to use.
We want to make sure this special night adds value to your family this Christmas, but also continues on after it’s over. As part of the experience, we are partnering with a local ministry called “Compassion Closet” (compassioncloset.com). The Compassion Closet exists to show the love of Christ by providing quality clothing and tangible goods to foster children and their families.
This Christmas, your family will have the opportunity to donate a few of these tangible goods by making a “giving list” this year, placing those items in your manger on Christmas, and donating them afterwards to help adoptive, kinship, foster, and other families in the Knoxville area. This is a great way to give back and serve as a family unit this year!